I’m going to let the pictures speak for themselves… Surprisingly enough I achieved a successful harvest with no stings. Unfortunately the same could not be said for Steve.
Steve assisted from afar dressed in his best protective gear, motorcycle style! It’s bad when the bees find their way into your helmet, a bit hard to run away from that one 😛
All told we harvested approximately 13kg of honey – rather astounding considering we didn’t setup until late November 2011. I made quite an effort to locate the Queen but didn’t have much success – fingers crossed she survived the ordeal. The honey is a lovely pale colour and beautifully sweet and fragrant – going to be fantastic on my crumpets tomorrow!